Data at your fingertips
Gallagher’s HR5 Hand-Held EID Tag Reader is a quick, easy and powerful solution to collect animal data from anywhere on the farm. Electronic Identification provides you with accessible, accurate identification of your individual animals, giving you the ability to make better, more informed farm management decisions.
The right solution for your needs
An inside look at Gallagher products in action
Select a specific animalx
Select a business challengex
Select a systemx
EID Only System
Weighing and EID System
Weighing is a powerful performance measurement tool for farmers, as informed management decisions come from animal weight data that is easily obtained and accurate.
The benefits of weighing animals include:
• Measure feed conversion to yield by monitoring weight gain over time
• Monitor animal health
• Reach animal weights prior to mating for better reproduction rates
• Select animals by weight for sale and slaughter
• Evaluate animal breeding performance for genetic selection
Electronic Identification System with its ability to identify and trace individual animals, has become increasingly important as traceability schemes are implemented worldwide to manage food safety and biosecurity risks. It is also a quick and easy way to collect animal data anywhere on your ranch or farm.
The best option for farmers looking to manage their business more profitability. An advanced system that works together to automate animal management and handling tasks, saving time and money.
Some advantages of using a weighing and EID system:
• Reduced time & effort - equipment reads fast and efficiently, automatically matching weight to animal ID number
• Improved accuracy - remove human error and prevent incomplete or inaccurate records
• Improved access to animal information - see full weight history for actual animal in the crush
Increased Stock Value
• Identify the poor performers - treat, allocate to different feeding group or quit early
• Accurate drenching levels - treatment efficiency and treatment costs
• Meet the market required weight range - accurate selection of animals based on weight to profit.