VFGC Summer Pasture Walk in Laurel Fork
1:11 PM - 1:12 PM 9 August, 2018
Stephen Turner Farm, Laurel Fork, VA
Stephen Turner has implemented many conservation and grazing practices on his farm, which now allows him to graze more cows on fewer acres and feed less hay. Join us from 2-8:30pm. Registration fee is $12.00.
All farmers and landowners are invited to attend this educational event to learn how this can be done on their farms.
Featured will be:
- Conservation practices to improve gazing
- Using stockpiled forage to extend the grazing season.
- Updates from Soil and Water Conservation District and NRCS
- Pasture walk and farm tour
- Results from grazing study comparing toxic fescue vs. novel endophyte fescue
- Producer presentation-results of grazing endophyte free fescue.
- Equipment displays
Register today for $12 (includes dinner) at www.vaforages.orgbefore August 2, 2018.
Dr. John Fike, Virginia Tech Forage Extension Specialist
Tim Phipps, New River Soil and Water District
Mark Strauss, DVM
Find an Event Near You!
For opportunities to exchange on-farm information by participating in a pasture walk, grazing clinic or other informational clinic, visit Gallagher's event listing.