FlashMate® Touch Activated in-heat detector G04050
Maximise your herds mating performance.
FlashMate is a touch activated in-heat alert product that when applied, monitors animal riding activity and works out when a cow is in standing heat.
It is fixed on the cow’s flank beside the tail ridge so it maximises retention and doesn’t interfere with tail paint application. Using simple installation and maintenance instructions ensures even first time users of FlashMate can achieve expert level heat detection.
• Submit the right cows for AI
• Identify silent heats
• Get more cows in milk earlier
Pack of 96 (G04050)
Pack of 24 (G04051)
Accurate monitoring of standing heat is a critical factor for achieving 6 week in calf targets. Other key benefits of FlashMate® Electronic Heat Detectors include:
• Detects multiple heats – will flash red again for the next detected heat cycle if AI has failed.
• Improved accuracy - smarter detection, looking for patterns (length, time, frequency) rather than what could be a single event.
• Operates 24/7 and looks for spikes in contact activity, a large percentage of mounting activity happens at night.
• Low experience required - Needs significantly less understanding and skill in correctly identifying heats, yet achieves what the best human operators are capable of – anyone can do it allowing time off during the mating season for experienced personnel.
FlashMate® 96 pack includes: 96 x FlashMate heat detectors, 4 x glue canisters and 1x lanyard.
FlashMate® 24 pack includes: 24 x FlashMate heat detectors, 1 x glue canister and 1x lanyard.
How it Works
Based on hundreds of hours of research, the microchip inside FlashMate looks for specific patterns of animal contact that is associated with mating activity, such as frequency, number and length of contact. FlashMate will not be activated by a one-off contact event.
Heat Pattern Detected - FLASHES RED
FlashMate flashes red for 26 hours once the right heat activity pattern is detected to indicate the cow is ready for artificial insemination
No Subsequent Heat Pattern - FLASHES GREEN
Once AI’d if the same cow does not come back into heat within 25 days, FlashMate will flash green to indicate possible conception.
Subsequent Heat Pattern - FLASHES RED
If the same cow returns to heat again FlashMate will again flash red.