Gallagher collects your personal information for:
Responding to enquiries, marketing if you have consented, personalising your website experience, processing your order, product registration and licensing, technical support and repairs, handling job applications.
Click here to see Privacy Statement Highlights.
Contact us via email@example.com or by calling +64 7 838 9800 or write to Privacy Officer, Gallagher Group Limited, 181 Kahikatea Drive, Hamilton 3206, New Zealand.
Gallagher Livestock, Water and Fence Monitoring App - Privacy Statement
Revision 1.0 – May 2020
1. Introduction & Scope
This Privacy Statement applies to the Livestock, Water and Electric Fence mobile and web applications as well as supporting Cloud Services, supplied by Gallagher Group Limited.
The Gallagher Animal Management app suite enables users to keep records and monitor various aspects of their farm, including, but not limited to, their water tank and pump, their electric fence, and their animals.
2. How to Reach Us
The world headquarters of Gallagher Group Limited is in Hamilton, New Zealand, where we have appointed internal Privacy Officers. To enquire about this Privacy Statement, or if you have any technical questions about how the Gallagher Animal Management app suite works (in relation to privacy), please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling +64 7 838 9800. You can also write to: Privacy Officer, Gallagher Group Limited, 181 Kahikatea Drive, Hamilton 3206, New Zealand.
3. Personal Information, Collection and Uses
- 3.1 What is personal information?
- Personal Information is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number or location data.
- 3.2 How we collect personal information.
- We collect your personal information that you provide to us when you register for our Cloud Services, and when you communicate with us by email.
- 3.3 Marketing agencies
- We do not share your personal information with marketing agencies. Your information will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company.
- 3.4 Third-party service providers
- When you pay for the service by credit card payment, card information is provided directly, via this website or the app suite, into a PCI-DSS compliant payment processing service (Paymetric, www.paymetric.com); we do not process or store your card information ourselves.
- Your personal data is securely stored by Amazon AWS Cloud Services.
- When you receive an email notification it will be routed through Amazon and/or the Google and Apple servers.
- 3.5 Situations where we process your personal information
- 3.5.1 Registration of your account the Gallagher Animal Management app suite
- Registration will involve you providing your First Name, Last Name, and email address.
- 22.214.171.124 Log data and troubleshooting
- The app suite will collect logs to assist in troubleshooting should an error occur. This includes information about your activity and may contain information regarding your IP and browsing history, payment gateway transaction info, and IIS Request Logs (for troubleshooting).
- 3.5.3 Broadcast notifications and message handling
- The app suite will allow you to receive push notifications to your device so you can be informed of relevant, sometimes pre-defined, data points regarding varying aspects of your app suite services.
- 3.5.4 Telemetry
- Whenever the Gallagher Animal Management app suitecommunicates with the Gallagher Cloud Services, in order to provide you services and to enable us to improve our products, we send and store the following:
- Mobile device operating system (e.g. iOS or Android)
- Operating system version (e.g. iOS 11.4.1)
- Installed version of the mobile app (e.g. 126.96.36.199)
- The last time your device connected to Gallagher Cloud Services.
- Although your IP address is sent, we do not store it. We store only the most recent copy of this information in the cloud, and we do not store history of your connections over time.
4. Your Privacy Choices
We are processing your personal information to provide you a subscribed service. You can tailor marketing preferences, and you may tell us you do not want any marketing contact.
You can turn off cookies in your browser or on your phone.
You may access the personal information we hold about you.
You may ask us to correct any errors or delete any information we have about you.
You may opt out of any further contact from us.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others we may have to verify you are who you say you are before we can give you access to, or change, information about you.
5. Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies.
Wherever possible, we have disabled tracking by Google & Apple within the Gallagher Animal Management app suite.
6. Cross-Border Transfers
We use cloud services from Amazon AWS on computer systems, hosted in Australia, for which we rely on Standard Data Protection Clauses (Article 46 GDPR) to confirm the appropriate safeguards.
7. Data Retention
Gallagher Cloud Services
|Your first name||While you are subscribed to the service plus 1 year.||3.5.1|
|Your last name||While you are subscribed to the service plus 1 year.||3.5.1|
|Your email address||While you are subscribed to the service plus 1 year.||3.5.1|
|Credit Card details||Not collected||3.4|
|Location details||Not collected||188.8.131.52|
|Log data (on device)||Collected||184.108.40.206|
|Your system messages||Collected stored in Google and Apple||3.5.3|
|Telemetry data||Collected and stored in Gallagher cloud||3.5.4|
|IP address||Collected in logs for troubleshooting stored in Gallagher Cloud and Ivent Electric Imp Cloud.||3.5.4|
Gallagher SAP CRM
|Customer service messages to Gallagher||Collected and stored in SAP CRM||3.2|
|Customer details and payment records||Collected and stored in SAP CRM (7 years)||3.2|
8. Information Security.
Gallagher takes cybersecurity very seriously. We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. Gallagher implements reasonable physical administrative and technical safeguards (such as system monitoring and encryption) to help us protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use and disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who “need to know” it to provide services to you. In addition, we train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information. We commit to taking appropriate disciplinary measures to enforce our employees' privacy responsibilities. We also require that our suppliers protect personal information from unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
In many countries, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate privacy or data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information.
We aim to resolve complaints quickly and informally. If you wish to proceed to a formal privacy complaint, we will need you to make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officers, as above. We will then acknowledge your formal complaint within 10 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the responses from your site or from us you may contact the appropriate national privacy authority.
Note: under GDPR, our nominated contact in Europe is the Regional Manager of Gallagher Security (Europe) Ltd in the UK, whose supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (http://www.ico.org.uk).
10. Changes and Updates to this Privacy Statement.
This Statement is effective from 15 May 2020 and supersedes all previous notices or statements regarding our privacy and data protection practices and the terms and conditions that govern the use of the Gallagher Animal Management app suite. The previous version of this Statement is available below:
We recognise that privacy and data protection is an ongoing responsibility, and so we review this Statement regularly and will update it from time to time as we undertake new practices or adopt new policies.
You should check our website frequently to see the current Statement that is in effect and any updates we have made. We reserve the right to amend our Privacy Statement at any time, for any reason, without notice to you, other than posting the updated version on our website.